How does it work?
When accidents occur with a vehicle, pedestrians are the most at risk. Accidental collisions often occur when a pedestrian is not aware of an operating vehicle. This is common in busy or loud environments. The damage caused to a person by a forklift can often be severe, even fatal.
Zonesafe uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology that creates detection zones around vehicles, assets, crossing points and walkways.
Active tags are worn by personnel, fitted to assets or setup around hazards. They are identified by the system when entering the detection zone. This triggers an audible visual alert, warning vehicle operators of the tags close proximity to the vehicle. ZoneSafe tags do not require line of sight and will be detected regardless of obstructions, blind spots or poor visibility.
• 360 Degree Detection
• Single or Multiple Detection Zones
• 3-9 Metre Detection Range
• Detection Regardless of Obstruction
• Event Data and Logging
A ZoneSafe in-cab control unit is fitted within reach of the vehicle’s operator. An audible visual alarm alerts the operator every time a tagged person or object is detected entering or breaking the antenna’s detection zone.
A ZoneSafe detection antenna is fitted to the vehicle. This creates a 3-9 metre continuous detection zone around the vehicle, which detects personnel or objects carrying a ZoneSafe tag.
Further applications of the ZoneSafe system
ZoneSafe is frequently used as a proximity warning system for vehicle to person detection, however, that is just one of the many applications the system offers. The ZoneSafe system helps to improve safety across entire work sites with the following applications:
- Vehicle to Person Alert – Protect personnel from accidental vehicle collisions and identify near miss occurrences
- Walkway Alert – Warn pedestrians using walkways of approaching vehicles
- Crossing Alert – Warn pedestrians at crossings of an approaching vehicle
- Vehicle Detection System – Long range vehicle to vehicle detection
- Asset Protection – Help protect assets from accidental vehicle collisions
- Aircraft Damage Protection – Help prevent aircraft damage from ground service equipment
- Vehicle Access Control – Controlled vehicle access to restricted areas
- Personnel Access Control – Controlled and security access for doors and turnstiles
Alongside our standard product range, we can design and implement a proximity warning system using our in house services to suit a customer’s application.
For more information on our applications and how they can help you improve site safety, contact us
The safety of our employees is paramount in our business and DSSP are always looking for initiatives and innovations that can help us provide as safe a working environment as possible. ZoneSafe provides a simple but significant addition to the fleet of trucks here at Featherstone combining ease of use with reliability. We are using this in areas where pedestrians and moving machinery have to work together and it has clearly improved the awareness and confidence of both truck operators and pedestrians. I consider this to be a major addition to our effective health and safety management systems.
We consider this a valuable and reliable tool which will significantly increase safety in our daily operations and aid us in our effort to transform APM Terminals Callao into a very safe place where everyone enjoys working while being safe doing so.
We've been using Zonesafe for nearly 4 years now (fitted on 10 forklifts) and the system has contributed to us having no LTI's or MTI's across two very busy sites. I highly recommend this technology.